WHO is KOO design-build?
KOO design-build, inc. (KOO) is a full-service architectural, engineering (A/E) and construction firm. KOO meets the small business size standard set by the U.S. SBA and qualifies as a SBA Section 8(a). Followings are our Small Business qualifications:
- U.S. SBA 8(a)
- CAGE Code: 47DB4
- NAICS Code# 236220 (Commercial/Institutional Building) & 541300 (Architectural Design)
- DBE & SBE Certified by ADOT and City of Phoenix
- MBE Certified Pacific Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council (PSWMSDC)
Mission, Values, Vision
- Mission: To bring a holistic, seamless approach to meeting our clients’ needs. We make about the project they envision a reality.
- Values: To relay our sense of fairness, integrity and passion in all that we do. To set the stage and create the tools for employees to perform at their best and grow.
- Vision: To create long-lasting relationships with our employees, clients and partners. Together, we design spaces that people can commemorate, remember, and be a part of.
Our clients appreciate our ability to assist them identifying problems and provide solutions. Our design effort is emphasized on the awareness of our customers’ prerequisites and tailor the built environment to accommodate the needs. During the design process, our construction staff will be actively engaged in supporting the team with their expertise in “Constructability” commonly known as “Preconstruction” service. KOO has represented our clients as a Design-Builder on a various type of projects.
Our experience is both in the private and public sectors, giving us the advantage of working with creative businesses and governmental agencies.
WHAT differentiates KOO?
KOO can offer all of the design/engineering disciplines that will be carried out throughout the design and construction as “Turn-key” service. From napkin design through finished product, you will know who is accountable at every phase. KOO’s team will be available at all times to be in constant communications with you key personnel. We will ensure our services meet your expectations and your customers’ unique experiences.
Not only is there an inherent ease in knowing that your design and construction team is under one roof, but there is a cost benefit to that as well. With KOO, your projects will be delivered on time and in budget. Having one point of responsibility throughout the duration of the project means the consistent communication and quality control. The “turn-key” benefit our customer with much more simplified operation and less management burden.
KOO has developed a quality control system that makes projects successful for our clients and continues to bring them back as repeat businesses. It begins with preparation and then consistent vigilance through all phases of the project. Before challenges arise, our staff of highly trained specialists are able to predict and head them off or meet those challenges with appropriate, thoughtful solutions.
KOO is making a conscious effort in implementing the renewable natural resources and the healthy built-environment throughout design, construction and projected future facility operations. The most holistic and cost-effective way to incorporate sustainable design is through an integrated, multidisciplinary approach beginning as early in the building process as possible. In order to achieve optimum sustainability performance, the application of sustainability principles should be integrated throughout the development process, from inception through outline and detailed design and to construction and operation. Our multidisciplinary and sustainable design professionals ensure project teams have the expertise required at every stage in the development process to ensure our client’s aspirations are achieved.
KOO makes a conscious effort with the environmental suitability in all of our projects that are designed to meet the highest standards in ecological design solutions. To those clients who may not understand what makes a project sustainable, we look to educate. Some of our clients requiring sustainable projects include:
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- U.S. Housing & Urban Development
- Luke Air Force Base & Davis-Monthan Air Force Base
To render and implement innovative design solutions, the KOO team uses the following state-of-the-art tools and methodologies:
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD): We will use CAD to produce drawings and documents throughout the duration of the project. Member firms are using the latest AutoCAD (ArchiCAD for 3D modeling) and will upgrade to new versions as required by OUR CLIENTS yet will maintain the ability to save documents in a format compatible with previous versions. We will also convert AutoCAD files to 3D modeling software files if required by the scope of the Task Order. In addition, we will be able to deliver electronic files or PDFs on top of the hard copy reproduction.
- Building Integration Modeling (BIM): When possible, we employ BIM. BIM will, in all likelihood, become a reality for the future facilities management community. Although there is no national consensus standard yet adopted, that time is fast approaching. BIM implementation will play key roles in moving forward with LEE D and sustainability initiatives as well as energy conservation initiatives in the near future.
KOO is committed to minimizing construction and operating time/costs. During the construction phase, we ensure that the project is being built per the construction documents and that it is staying on schedule. KOO will supervise ongoing construction and flag any issues that could hinder either budget or schedule criteria. During the site operation, we want to stay in touch with our client’s representative and tenant agencies to ensure no major mission changes have occurred. KOO has adopted the following protocols as an effective management tool.
Job site safety is our Number 1 goal. KOO will ensure that the our client project receives uncompromising safety in an environment that promotes a positive, safe work environment. In fact, KOO’s projects have had no significant injuries in nearly 18 years. KOO is especially vigilant when construction coexists with an active business operation. All construction staff are properly trained by OSHA.
- Physical barricades will separate the construction traffic from the public access
- Warning signs and first aid kits will be conveniently placed for both public and on-site personnel
- A follow-through safety checklist and accident report will be filed by the on-site superintendent on daily basis